Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Driving / Sick

I've entered that crazy place in the Philippines:  Manila roadways.  So far I've gotten lost twice and may have had several close encounters, but it's too early for me to tell.  They might be normal.

So in the interest of self-preservation, I've been mining my friends for driving advice.  Several gems emerge:

     - There are no rules, only suggestions
     - There is no right of way, only right of space - whoever gets there first has right of way
     - You have to drive simultaneously more defensively and more offensively:  always watching for the other guy, and sticking your nose out where you never would back home.

        Pray for my safety and adjustment to driving here!


Also, I've got pink eye and a sore throat.  Please pray for good health as faculty meetings start tomorrow and classes next week.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment